Help! My Spouse wants to Separate
- Get counseling- go alone if necessary. Find a good pro-marriage counselor and start working on yourself.
- Use a mediator rather than a lawyer to work out your separation agreement. (Then be sure to have a lawyer ok it). Mediation is much more amicable!
- Learn everything you can on good communication and try to keep the lines of communication open. Listen, listen, listen.
- Read Dobson’s “Love Must be Tough”- at least twice! Also read other books and articles on marriage, anything you can find particularly on the issues you are facing.
- Build yourself a support network of affirming friends and family who can be objective, DO NOT TAKE SIDES, and who support your efforts at reconciliation.
- If there is The Third Option near you, come!